- With tonight’s win, the Sabres improved to 20-7-3 all-time on the day after Thanksgiving, including an 18-6-3 record in home games and a 9-1-1 record since 2003.
- The Sabres now have wins in consecutive matchups against the Hurricanes for the first time since March 21, 2010 and Jan. 13, 2011.
- After tonight’s game, Jack Eichel was tied for the rookie lead in goals and also tied for seventh in the NHL with seven home goals.
- Josh Gorges scored his first goal as a member of the Sabres with his first goal in 130 games (last: Oct. 12, 2013 at VAN).
- Gorges now has a point in consecutive games for the first time since Feb. 27 and March 1, 2014.
- With his assist on the Gorges goal, Rasmus Ristolainen has nine points (3+6) in his last 10 games and is now on pace for 50 points this season.
- If he were to reach the 50-point mark, Ristolainen would be the first Sabres defenseman with 50 points in a season since Garry Galley (1995-96) and the youngest to reach that mark since Phil Housley.
- Brian Gionta’s goal extended his point streak against Carolina to four games (3+2).
- With an assist on Gionta’s goal, Matt Moulson now has 19 points (6+13) in his last 15 games against the Hurricanes.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Josh Gorges
Hurricanes head coach Bill Peters
Hurricanes forward Kris Versteeg
Hurricanes defenseman Brett Pesce