- With tonight’s overtime loss, the Sabres have extended their point streak to four games (3-0-1) for the first time since Dec. 9 to 15, 2014 (4-0-0).
- The Sabres fell to 22-6-6 all-time against the Sharks, including a 16-1-1 record at home.
- San Jose’s win tonight snapped an eight-game losing streak against the Sabres and was the team’s win in Buffalo in franchise history (last: Dec. 2, 2005).
- Chad Johnson had stopped 70 consecutive even-strength shots before allowing the game-winning goal in overtime. His career-best streak without allowing an even-strength ended at 191:51.
- With his assist on Ryan O’Reilly’s goal, Rasmus Ristolainen has matched his career-best four-game point streak (3+3), which was set from March 26 to April 3, 2015.
- Ristolainen led all Sabres skaters with a career-high 29:01 of ice time tonight. He is now averaging 24:24 per game this season.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres defenseman Cody Franson
Sharks head coach Peter DeBoer
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau
Sharks forward Joe Pavelski
Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Sharks goaltender Martin Jones