- With tonight’s win, the Sabres extended their home winning streak against the Maple Leafs to six games and improved to 16-1-1 in their last 18 home games against Toronto.
- The home team has now won 20 of the last 22 games between these teams, including each of the last 12.
- The Maple Leafs last won in Buffalo on Jan. 29, 2013 (4-3 OT).
- Eight of the last 15 games between these teams have gone to overtime. Each team has won four of those games.
- The Sabres improved to 66-51 all-time in the shootout with their first shootout win of the season.
- Evander Kane scored his first goal as a member of the Sabres to send the game to overtime.
- With 22:05 of ice time, Kane topped 22 minutes for the first time since Dec. 5, 2014 vs. Colorado as a member of the Winnipeg Jets.
- Tyler Ennis led all Sabres with 24:36 of ice time, the second highest total of his career and highest since logging his personal high (25:13) on Jan. 18, 2014.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goalie Chad Johnson
Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock
Maple Leafs forward P.A. Parenteau
Maple Leafs defenseman Morgan Reilly
Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf
Maple Leafs defenseman Matt Hunwick
Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier