- The Sabres went 3-for-7 on the power play today, scoring three power-play goals in a game for the first time since the 2012-13 season-opener, when they went 3-for-6 vs. Philadelphia.
- With his first win as a member of the Sabres, Chad Johnson improved to 4-0-0 in his career against the Blue Jackets with a .922 save percentage and a 1.72 goals-against average.
- Ryan O’Reilly scored his first goal as a member of the Sabres and added an assist. He now has seven points (2+5) in his last six games against Columbus, dating back to April 15, 2013.
- With a goal and two assists, Matt Moulson turned in his 16th career game with at least three points. It was his first since March 11 at Toronto.
- With his assist today, Marcus Foligno now has a point in each of his last five games against Columbus (1+4), dating back to Jan. 25, 2014.
- Evander Kane’s assist gives him six points in his last four games against the Blue Jackets (4+2), including at least a point in each, dating back to Dec. 16 2013.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres goaltender Chad Johnson
Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards
Blue Jackets forward Ryan Johansen
Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno
Blue Jackets defenseman Ryan Murray