|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Monday, March 16
Washington 4 at Buffalo 3 (SO)
Goals: Ennis, Hodgson, Larsson
Goalie: Lindback (35 saves/38 shots)
PP: 1/3; PK: 0/2; Shots: Washington 38 – Buffalo 33
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 267)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (lower body, Jan. 13; injured reserve) – 26 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 14 games
Patrick Kaleta (lower body, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 14 games
Evander Kane (shoulder, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 14 games
Zemgus Girgensons (lower body, Feb. 26; injured reserve) – 8 games
Chad Johnson (lower body, March 6) – 5 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, March 14) – 2 games
Andrej Meszaros (upper body, March 16) – 1 game
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/16: Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel from Rochester (AHL)
Friday, March 20: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 21: Buffalo at Nashville, 8 p.m.
Monday, March 23: Buffalo at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 26: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 28: Buffalo at Colorado, 9 p.m.
SABRES at BRUINS
- This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
- Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo, 4-3 (OT), in Boston on Dec. 21
- The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-4-2 on the road.
- This is the 277th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 119-115-42 series record.
- The Sabres are 46-70-20 on the road against the Bruins all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 8-10-3 all-time on March 17.
- March 17, 1997: Donald Audette scores twice and Rob Ray fights Jeff Odgers to become the 30th player in NHL history to record 2,000 penalty minutes in his career during a 5-1 win at home against Boston.
- March 17, 2001: Martin Biron makes 42 saves and Chris Gratton scores the game-winning goal in a 3-2 win at Washington.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Entering tonight, the Sabres have lost four straight games to the Bruins for the first time since they lost six in a row from April 9, 1995 to Feb. 3, 1996.
- The last two games between these teams were settled in overtime.
- The Sabres are looking to avoid their first four-game losing streak in Boston since April 19, 1995 to Feb. 3, 1996.
- When these teams last met, Tim Schaller scored his first NHL goal in a 4-3 overtime loss.
- Tyler Ennis has three points (1+2) in his last two games against the Bruins.
- Brian Gionta leads all Sabres with 25 points (13+12) in 49 career games against the Bruins.
- Nicolas Deslauriers was tied for eighth in the league with 223 hits after Monday night’s game.
In the six games since he was acquired from the Dallas Stars on Feb. 11, Anders Lindback has recorded a .924 save percentage and a 2.70 goals-against average, stopping at least 30 shots in each of his five starts.
Tonight’s game wraps up Buffalo’s 16th of 19 sets of back-to-back games this season, which began yesterday with a 4-3 shootout loss vs. WSH The Sabres are 4-11-1 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 3-11-1 in the second game. Buffalo’s point breakdown in previous back-to-back sets is: four points (1), three points (0), two points (5), one point (1) and zero points (8).
TRADE DEADLINE RECAP
A list of players and picks traded to and from the Sabres on deadline day:
|Acquired:G Chad JohnsonF Jack NevinsNYI 3rd Rd. Pick, 2016
MTL 5th Rd. Pick, 2016
MTL 7th Rd. Pick, 2016
MIN 2nd Rd. Pick, 2017
|Dealt:G Michal NeuvirthF Brian FlynnF Torrey Mitchell
F Chris Stewart
- Daniel Paille was a part of the Sabres’ organization from 2002-2009. He was selected in the first round (20th overall) by the Sabres in the 2002 NHL Draft. He played 195 games for the Sabres, recording 77 points (35+42). He played 153 games for the Rochester Americans, where he also recorded 77 points (35+42).
- Joe Sacco served as an assistant coach for the Sabres during the 2013-14 season.
- Andrej Meszaros played for the Bruins during the 2013-14 season, recording five points (2+3) in 14 games before adding a pair of assists in four playoff appearances.
- Coached Brad Marchand for the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL) during the 2005-06 season.
- Played with Chris Kelly for the Ottawa Senators during the 2010-11 season.
- He and Gregory Campbell were teammates for the Kitchener Rangers during the 2002-03 season.
- Played with Max Talbot for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-2014.
- Played with Matt Bartkowski for the Ohio State Buckeyes (CCHA) from 2008-2010.
- Played with Dougie Hamilton and Brett Connolly for Team Canada at the 2011 World Junior Championship held in Buffalo.
- Played alongside Zdeno Chara for the Ottawa Senators during the 2005-06 season.
- Played with Chris Kelly for the Ottawa Senators from 2005-08. The two, along with Zdeno Chara, were also reunited with the Bruins during the 2013-14 season.
- Played with Max Talbot for the Philadelphia Flyers from 2012-2014.
- Cody Hodgson, Reilly Smith, Chris Kelly and Dougie Hamilton are all natives of Toronto, Ontario.
- Mike Weber and Matt Bartkowski were both born in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Mike Weber (57th overall) and Milan Lucic (50th overall) were both selected in the second round of the 2006 NHL Draft.
- Nicolas Deslauriers (84th overall by Los Angeles) and Reilly Smith (69th overall by Dallas) were both third-round picks in the 2009 NHL Draft.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Deslauriers (223), Bogosian (153), Foligno (152)
Blocked Shots: Gorges (148), Weber (139), Ristolainen (111)
Shots: Ennis (157), Moulson (132), Girgensons (115)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 2-8-0 (2), 11/33, 0/32, 33/39
11-20: 3-5-2 (8), 23/36, 4/27, 28/39
21-30: 7-3-0 (14), 22/22, 2/25, 20/25
31-40: 2-7-1 (5), 21/44, 4/27, 19/31
41-50: 0-10-0 (0), 17/43, 6/29, 26/37
51-60: 3-5-2 (8), 16/23, 3/27, 26/32
61-70: 2-5-2 (6), 22/32, 2/20, 19/28
OVERTIME RESULTS (1-2; 98-100 all-time)
October 30 vs. Boston: L, 3-2 (GDG-Marchand, 1:20)
December 13 vs. Florida: W, 4-3 (GDG-Zadorov, 0:29)
December 21 at Boston: L, 4-3 (Eriksson, 2:14)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (7-5; 64-51 all-time)
October 14 at Carolina: W, 4-3 (GDG-Girgensons)
November 2 vs. Detroit: W, 3-2 (GDG-Girgensons)
November 5 vs. Montreal: L, 2-1 (GDG-Parenteau)
November 29 at Montreal: W, 4-3 (GDG-Flynn)
December 2 vs. Tampa Bay: W, 2-1 (GDG-Hodgson)
December 15 vs. Ottawa: W, 5-2 (GDG-Moulson)
December 27 vs. NY Islanders: W, 4-3 (GDG-Ennis)
February 17 at New Jersey: L, 2-1 (GDG-Gomez)
February 19 at Philadelphia: W, 3-2 (GDG-Flynn)
February 22 vs. Nashville: L, 2-1 (GDG-Forsberg)
March 11 at Toronto: L, 4-3 (GDG-Bozak)
March 16 vs. Washington: L, 4-3 (GDG-Kuznetsov)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Mike Weber … 2 games … 300 career games played
Zach Bogosian … 9 assists … 100 career assists
Anders Lindback … 100th NHL game … March 14 vs. NYR
Rasmus Ristolainen … 100 NHL game … March 16 vs. WSH