- Four of the last five games between the Sabres and Islanders have now been decided in shootouts. The Sabres are 3-1 in those shootouts.
- With tonight’s win, the Sabres erased a three-goal deficit on the way to a win for the first time since 4/3/12 vs. Toronto (6-5, OT).
- Buffalo overcame a 3-0 third-period deficit for just the second time in franchise history (4/2/03 vs. ATL). Before tonight, that game was the only win in franchise history in which the Sabres trailed by three or more goals in the third period and their first goal of the game came at any point in the third period. (via Elias Sports Bureau)
- The Sabres are now 11-6-1 in their last 18 games, and 8-2-1 in their last 11 home games.
- With the win, Jhonas Enroth improves to 5-0 on the season in shootouts, having allowed just one goal on 21 attempts (.952).
- With his goal, Chris Stewart extended his point streak to four games (2+2). Nicolas Deslauriers recorded a goal and an assist to run his point streak to three games (2+2).
- Zemgus Girgensons scored his second shorthanded goal of the season.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Drew Stafford
Sabres forward Chris Stewart
Sabres forward Nicolas Deslauriers
Islanders head coach Jack Capuano
Islanders forward Cal Clutterbuck
Islanders goaltender Kevin Poulin