- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have won nine games in a 12-game span (9-3-0) for the first time since Feb. 19 to March 12, 2012 (9-2-1).
- The Sabres’ five-game winning streak at home is the team’s longest since they won five straight from Dec. 17, 2013 to Jan. 4, 2014.
- With Buffalo’s overtime win, the Sabres and Panthers have now had 11 of their last 13 matchups decided by a single goal.
- Tonight’s game was the sixth overtime game in the last 12 meetings between the Sabres and Panthers.
- Nikita Zadorov’s overtime winner was his first career game-winning goal, giving the defenseman his first career multi-point game (1+1).
- With his goal, Marcus Foligno has scored in consecutive games for the first time since Dec. 17 and 19, 2013.
- Drew Stafford logged an assist tonight and now has a point in all four games (1+3) since returning from a lower-body injury. It is his first four-game point streak since March 9 to 15, 2014 (3+1) and the longest Sabres point streak of the season.
- With his assist on the Sabres’ third goal, Andre Benoit recorded his first point as a member of the Sabres.
- Tyler Myers led all players in tonight’s game with 29:35 of ice time. He has averaged 26:42 in his last 10 games, the highest 10-game average of his career.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson
Sabres defenseman Nikita Zadorov
Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers
Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant
Panthers forward Jimmy Hayes
Panthers forward Sean Bergenheim
Panthers goaltender Al Montoya