- With the win, the Sabres have won four straight home games for the first time since they won five in a row from Dec. 17, 2013 to Jan. 4, 2014.
- The win improved the Sabres to 15-3-2 in their last 20 home games against the Flames, with the last regulation loss coming on March 15, 1996.
- With two goals tonight, Matt Moulson has six goals in his last five games against the Flames.
- In his last nine games, Jhonas Enroth has compiled a 7-2-0 record, with a .944 save percentage and a 1.93 goals-against average.
- With his assist on the Sabres’ second goal, Drew Stafford now has a point in each of his three games (1+2) since returning from a lower-body injury.
- With his team-high ninth goal of the season in his 29th game tonight, Zemgus Girgensons has already topped his eight-goal output from his 70-game rookie season last year.
- Tyler Ennis tied his career high with three points (0+3), picking up his team-high fifth multi-point game of the season.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth
Flames head coach Bob Hartley
Flames forward Joe Colborne
Flames defenseman TJ Brodie
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano