- With the win, the Sabres are now 12-1-1 in their last 14 home games against the Kings, dating back to a 2-0 Sabres win on Dec. 17, 1993.
- During this stretch, the Sabres have outscored the Kings by a 59-21 margin on home ice.
- The Kings have not won a game in Buffalo since their 4-1 win at HSBC Arena on Feb. 21, 2003. The Sabres are now 6-0-0 since the last Kings win in Buffalo, outscoring the visitors by a combined 31-8 margin in those contests.
- Jhonas Enroth made 34 saves to record his fourth NHL shutout and his first since April 13, 2013 vs. PHI. His 34 saves tied his career high in a shutout (last: Nov. 18, 2011 at CAR).
- Enroth is now 1-2-0 in three games against the Kings, with a 1.35 goals-against average and a .960 save percentage.
- In his last eight games, Enroth has compiled a 6-2-0 record, with a .946 save percentage and a 1.79 goals-against average.
- With his assist, Matt Moulson now has seven points (3+4) in his last seven games against the Kings.
- With his assist, Drew Stafford now has a point in both games (1+1) since returning from a lower-body injury.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres forward Matt Moulson
Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter
Kings forward Anze Kopitar
Kings forward Tyler Toffoli
Kings defenseman Robyn Regehr
Kings defenseman Matt Greene