- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have points in seven straight divisional matchups (5-0-2) for the first time since they had points in nine straight Northeast Division games from Dec. 4, 2010 to Feb. 15, 2011 (8-0-1).
- Zemgus Girgensons, who scored the Sabres’ goal tonight, hasn’t gone two games without a point since Oct. 30 and Nov. 1. He has logged 11 points (6+5) in 13 games since then, including eight (5+3) in his last eight.
- After tonight’s shootout, Jhonas Enroth has allowed only one goal in 15 shootout attempts this season, improving to 3-0 on the season.
- With tonight’s start, Enroth has appeared in six straight games for the first time since he played in 11 straight from Nov. 11 to Dec. 2, 2011. In those six games, Enroth is 5-1-0 with a .953 save percentage and a 1.55 goals-against average.
- With the win, Enroth improved to 4-1-0 in five career games against the Lightning, with a .951 save percentage and a 1.56 goals-against average.
- With his assist, Josh Gorges recorded his 100th NHL point.
- Buffalo’s franchise record of 51-24-7 (.665) against Tampa Bay is the team’s best all-time record against any Eastern Conference opponent. The team’s record against San Jose (22-6-5, .742) is the only better all-time series record.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers
Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper
Lightning forward Tyler Johnson
Lightning forward Ondrej Palat
Lightning goaltender Evgeni Nabokov