- With the win, the Sabres improve to 16-1-0 all-time at home against the Sharks.
- The Sabres have won consecutive games for the first time since they won three in a row from Feb. 25 to Feb. 28.
- With two his first two goals as a member of the Sabres and an assist, Brian Gionta logged his first three-point game since Oct. 15, 2011.
- With his goal, Nicolas Deslauriers extended his point streak to a career-best three games (1+2). Both of his goals this season have come against the Sharks.
- Cody McCormick recorded an assist tonight and now has seven points (2+5) in his last six games against the Sharks.
- With his assist on Gionta’s first goal, Tyler Myers became the 16th defenseman in Sabres history to record 100 assists with the team.
- Michal Neuvirth left the game after the first period with a lower-body injury.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres goaltender coach Arturs Irbe
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau
Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Sharks goaltender Troy Grosenick