- With the victory, the Sabres earned their first home win since April 4 vs. NJD (3-2 SO).
- The shootout win improved the Sabres to 2-0 this season in the shootout (59-46 all-time); Zemgus Girgensons scored the game-deciding goal in both wins and is now 3-for-6 in his career with three game-deciding goals.
- The win snapped the Sabres’ franchise-record eight-game losing streak against the Red Wings.
- The Sabres got their first win against an Atlantic Division opponent in their last 12 tries (last: March 6 at Tampa Bay).
- With two assists, Tyson Strachan recorded his first career multi-point game.
- With the win, Michal Neuvirth improved to 2-5-0 with a .925 save percentage in seven games with the Sabres.
- Rasmus Ristolainen logged a career-high 25:30 of ice time.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Chris Stewart
Sabres forward Drew Stafford
Sabres goaltender Michal Neuvirth
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock
Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg
Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar
Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith