- With his goal tonight, Cody Hodgson has 10 points (4+6) in nine career games against the Lightning.
- Cory Conacher was credited with the Sabres’ third goal, which came on a delayed hooking penalty to Conacher when a Lightning pass was deflected down the ice and into the empty Tampa Bay net.
- According to Elias Sports Bureau, Conacher is the first player to score a goal on his own delayed penalty since Viktor Tikhonov (PHX) did so on 3/21/09 vs. Vancouver. He is the second player to score on a delayed penalty this season; the other was Boyd Gordon (EDM) on 1/12/14 at Chicago.
- Rasmus Ristolainen and Johan Larsson each tallied an assist tonight, and both now have points in consecutive games for the first time in their careers.
- Ristolainen logged 24:45 of ice time, topping his previous career high of 21:54. Only Christian Ehrhoff (26:06) had a higher TOI for either team.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Cory Conacher
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres goaltender Matt Hackett
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper
Lightning forward Steven Stamkos
Lightning forward Ryan Callahan
Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop