- The Sabres earned their first win at First Niagara Center since Jan. 4 (2-1 W vs. NJD).
- With two assists tonight, Ryan Miller became the first NHL goaltender to record two assists in a game since Cory Schneider (12/11/10 vs. TBL). He is the first Sabres goaltender to accomplish this feat since Daren Puppa (1/14/91 at TOR). –via Elias Sports Bureau
- The assists were the eighth and ninth of Miller’s career. His last came on March 20, 2011 vs. NSH.
- Miller improved to 13-9-4 in his career against the Hurricanes, with a .914 save percentage and a 2.67 goals against average.
- After picking up two assists tonight, Drew Stafford now has 11 points (6+5) in his last eight games.
- Christian Ehrhoff scored twice, including the game-winner, and now has seven points (3+4) in his last seven games.
- With his assist tonight, Tyler Ennis stretched his point streak to three games. Ennis now has seven points (2+5) in his last seven games.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Hurricanes head coach Kirk Muller
Hurricanes forward Eric Staal
Hurricanes forward Jiri Tlusty