- The Sabres have now had seven consecutive home games decided by a single goal (or less) in one season for just the third time in franchise history. Others: Nov. 28 to Dec. 26, 1986 (4-2-1) and Feb. 17 to March 14, 1974 (3-2-2)
- Drew Stafford recorded three points (2+1) for the first time since March 19, 2012 at Tampa Bay (1+2).
- Steve Ott scored his 100th NHL goal and added an assist for his second multi-point outing in four games.
- With the two-point night, Ott has now recorded 10 points (3+7) in his last nine games against the Panthers.
- With his assist on Buffalo’s second goal, Tyler Ennis tied his career-best point streak of five games (2+4). After leading all forwards with an ice time of 23:03, Ennis has averaged 21:19 TOI in the last five games, the highest five-game average of his career.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Steve Ott
Sabres forward Drew Stafford
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Panthers head coach Peter Horacheck
Panthers forward Jesse Winchester
Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski
Panthers goaltender Tim Thomas