- Ryan Miller made a career-high 49 saves, improving to 3-0-0 in games in which he faced 50 or more shots. The others were Nov. 5, 2013 at SJS and Jan. 8, 2010 vs. TOR.
- The Sabres overcame a 33-shot deficit in the win, the largest such deficit in a win in franchise history. The previous record was 31, in a 7-5 win at BOS on March 21, 1971.
- With the win, the Sabres have now won four consecutive home games for the first time since they won five in a row from Feb. 19 to March 12, 2012.
- With a 5-0-1 record in the last six home games, the Sabres have points in six straight at home for the first time since they went 7-0-2 from Feb. 17 to March 24, 2012.
- Miller has now backstopped the Sabres to points in five straight starts (4-0-1) for the first time since he went 8-0-2 from March 7 to March 27, 2012.
- Miller is now 48-28 all-time in shootouts (including a 26-13 mark at home), holding the NHL record for most career shootout victories.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Drew Stafford
Sabres forward Steve Ott
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Capitals head coach Adam Oates
Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin
Capitals forward Troy Brouwer
Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom
Capitals goaltender Philipp Grubauer