|Maple Leafs (11-7-1)||0||1||0||–||–||2||33|
- Ryan Miller earned his career-best 30th win against the Maple Leafs tonight, improving to 30-15-1 all-time against Toronto, with a 2.45 goals against average and a .922 save percentage.
- With the win, the Sabres have improved to 12-1-1 in their last 14 home games against the Maple Leafs.
- The Sabres are now 10-1-2 all-time in the home portion of a BUF/TOR home-and-home series. Buffalo has not lost the home portion of a home-and-home series with Toronto since the first such series (a 4-2 loss on Dec. 20, 1970).
- Brian Flynn has now played 47 games without taking a penalty, the longest active streak to start a career in the NHL. The last player to reach this mark was Mason Raymond, who did not take a penalty until his 48th career game in 2007-08.
- Interim head coach Ted Nolan also won his first game behind the bench for the Sabres in his NHL head coaching debut on Oct. 7, 1995, a 3-1 win at Ottawa.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle
Maple Leafs forward James Van Riemsdyk
Maple Leafs goaltender Jonathan Bernier
Maple Leafs forward Trevor Smith
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson