- The Sabres earned their third shootout win (3-for-3) and first home win of the season.
- Ryan Miller made 43 saves (plus two in the shootout) to earn the victory. Miller now owns sole possession of the NHL record for most career shootout victories (46).
- Cody Hodgson scored twice, logging his fifth career two-goal game. Matt Moulson (0+2) had his sixth multi-point game in 18 outings this season.
- Moulson improved to 11-for-18 (61.1%) in career shootout attempts with his shootout goal tonight. It was his fifth game-deciding goal.
- The Sabres overcame a 28-shot deficit to win tonight. According to Elias Sports Bureau, this tied the mark for the second-largest deficit in a Sabres victory (others: 3/29/88at QUE and 2/9/13 at NYI). The all-time record was a 31-shot deficit (7-5 W at BOS, 3/21/71).
Sabres head coach Ron Rolston
Sabres forward Steve Ott
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter
Kings forward Dustin Brown
Kings defenseman Drew Doughty
Kings goaltender Ben Scrivens