- The Sabres haven’t lost to the Blue Jackets at home since Nov. 14, 2008.
- Jhonas Enroth has started the Sabres’ last three games against the Blue Jackets, going 2-1-0. Ryan Miller’s last start against Columbus was a 19-save shutout on Dec. 3, 2010.
- October is the Sabres’ second best month since 2005-06; they have a 38-23-7 October record (.610) in that span, including a 0-3-1 record so far this season.
After 1st period: CBJ 3 – BUF 1
- With his 252nd career goal, Thomas Vanek has tied Craig Ramsay for fifth-most goals in Sabres history. Vanek now trails Danny Gare by 15 goals for fourth-most.
- Steve Ott’s assist on the goal gives him 15 points (8+7) in 29 games against the Blue Jackets, bringing him even with Christian Ehrhoff (7+8) for most among Sabres skaters.
- With his assist, Cody Hodgson has points in three consecutive games (1+3). Hodgson’s last three-game point streak was from Feb. 15, 2013 vs. BOS to Feb. 19, 2013 vs. WPG (2+1). He recorded a career-best four-game point streak from Dec. 19, 2011 vs. MIN to Dec. 26, 2011 vs. EDM (1+3) as a member of the Vancouver Canucks.
- Ehrhoff and Tyler Myers tied to lead all Sabres with a TOI of 7:45 in the first period. Ehrhoff has led the Sabres in ice time in each of the team’s first four games.