- The Sabres have won consecutive home games for the first time this season.
- Marcus Foligno scored two goals for the third time in his career. Foligno now has four points (2+2) in three career games against the Rangers.
- With two assists tonight, Andrej Sekera has four assists in his last three games. Sekera’s three-game point streak is his longest since he recorded two points in five consecutive games from Feb. 26 to March 6, 2011.
- Brian Flynn recorded his first career assist on Foligno’s second goal. Flynn now has points in three straight games (2+1).
- Jhonas Enroth earned his first win since Nov. 26, 2011 vs. WSH, after going 0-10-3 in his last 16 appearances.
- With his 267th career assist, Jason Pominville has passed Derek Roy for ninth-most assists in franchise history.
Sabres forward Brian Flynn:
On playing with Marcus Foligno: “Yeah, [Foligno] is big and strong, he wins a lot of the pucks down low, and creates more space from the boards, so he got to the net great tonight.”
On winning the game: “We played hard the whole game. I thought we got better throughout the game, which is a good time.”
On being patient with the puck: “I was maybe patient because I didn’t see anything open, so I just held on to it for an extra second; defense was able to get up to the line quickly and find that seam.”
Sabres forward Thomas Vanek:
On tonight’s game: “We stuck with it and in the end it was a big two points. Once we got in the zone and set up, I thought we generated some good chances. We just struggle on our breakouts; we have to find what works for this team and we have to find that sooner or later.”
On the difference in play: “Ron [Rolston] is a positive guy; I think the video shows the mistakes we made and the positive stuff, I think guys will stick with it. Tonight, I think we started better, which helped, and we worked for most of the game.”
On Enroth starting: “It was fun to see him play great in Jersey. Felt real bad for him we couldn’t get a win that night. Tonight he showed up again and it was awesome, it was good for us and good for him.”
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno:
On scoring tonight: “One of those shifts I thought I was really good on the body, everyone was around the puck and we beat them to pucks and they were a little bit tired, I was able to get it in front of the net. Looked nicer than I thought it was and my stick just got caught between my legs and I put it in. Feels good to get that first goal. It’s just something you try and practice and wait for the right time in the game and I was able to do it in that moment.”
“My skate was in the way too, I thought the only way I would get in front of him was between my legs, and you have to be quick too. Lundqvist is a sharp goalie but in the play and that moment you have to beat him to it and I got to the post.”
“Huge sense of relief, first goal this season in front of the fans and it was overdue. I think the whole thing out of this game, it’s something I worked on last year that I felt I needed to be better, obviously I was doing a little something. I think this game the game I need to capture and make sure I move on to my next game.”